Software Application Description
ChangeAide 3.3 is a software tool designed to assist project managers using the "product-based planning" technique defined as part of the PRINCE2® Project Management Method. In addition, ChangeAide integrates a number of additional concepts from Managing Successful Programmes (MSP)™. This software also supports other project management processes such as the Project Management Institute - Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBoK) and Atern (formerly DSDM).
For further information about the product, please visit the online help for ChangeAide.
ChangeAide has an intuitive graphical user interface, which uses interactive diagrams and tables to assist in the following activities:
- Producing a complete Product Breakdown Structure (PBS) diagram; (Also known as a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- Producing Product Descriptions for each Product on the PBS;
- Producing a Product Flow Diagram (PFD) for the products identified on the PBS;
- Preparing Project Activities to structure the work to complete all of the products;
- Establishing and maintaining a Project Log;
- Producing Product Description Reports and Project Activity Reports in various formats.
- Exporting documents in various formats, including Printer only, DHTML, PDF, Excel, Word.
- Producing stage PBSs and PFDs as the project progresses.
- Establishing the project resources, team structures (including governance teams), resource assignments and job, role, and skill descriptions.
- Entering and maintaining Project Records (Issues, Risks, Quality Checks, Meetings, Status Reports, Requisitions)
- Consolidated Action Tracking
- Custom Reports and Custom Templates.
- The selection of multiple types of models.
- Reduces the amount of project manager time needed to create and maintain consistent Product Based Plans.
- Creates a single unified document per project, containing synchronised versions of most of the diagrammatic and textual project documents to support the Planning process described in the Plans Theme within PRINCE2®.
- Provides interactive tracking of all these project documents and the relationships between them.
- Includes help files and integrated tutorials to show how to use the toolset.
- Provides example projects to demonstrate an integrated view of a Product Based Plan.
- Provides valuable support in learning and applying the underlying PRINCE2® methods.
- Eases the creation and maintenance of plans for Microsoft Project.
- Provides a Visual Status mechanism to highlight incomplete products in ongoing projects.
- A single place for Issues, Risks and Quality Checks and a consolidated view of actions.
- The ability to see all actions across all project records and track them to closure.
- ChangeAide can be installed on windows based PCs running Windows XP or later (Including Windows 7).
- ChangeAide exports and imports relevant Microsoft Project plan information.
- Certain functions within ChangeAide are dependent upon MS Office, MS Project, and Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- ChangeAide is available in English (full support) and Dutch (partial support).
Customer Driven Solutions Limited©2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012